What is a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
A criminal defense lawyer is responsible for fighting the case of someone who’s been accused of committing a crime. They work to ensure that fair treatment is given to those that they defend. Here, we’re going to share with you what the duties of a criminal defense lawyer are and what they do to defend a case.
What’s the Role of a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
While working in defense of the person accused, here are the different roles and responsibilities that are required by a criminal defense lawyer:
- Representation of the defendant throughout the entirety of the case. This includes police investigations right through to court proceedings.
- Offering advice both face-to-face and by phone.
- Considering all traces and documents that are involved in the case, from police reports to eye witness statements, medical records, and forensic evidence.
- Visitations to prisons and police stations as and when required to speak with defendants.
- Putting together legal documentation that’s needed for the case.
- Piecing together the whole case, ensuring that it’s accurate and persuasive in order to give the defendant the best possible outcome.
When Should You Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
While for smaller offenses many opt not to choose to hire an attorney, it will be especially within your interest to for a more serious allegation. For example, for a traffic ticket, one might not be required. But if you’ve found yourself in a case where the verdict could result in severe charges or a prison sentence if convicted, having a trusted and professional attorney by your side will be invaluable.
The Number One Criminal Defense Attorneys in Los Angeles
SoCal Criminal Law is the top rated criminal defense lawyers in Los Angeles and offers services to all in the city. By choosing them, you’re going with a firm that has a proven track record for winning hundreds of cases in the area of criminal law. Here are some other noteworthy milestones the firm can boast:
- 300+ 5 star reviews
- 10 out of 10 rating by Avvo and SuperLawyer
- 94% of clients remain jail-free
- 24/7 availability for clients
- 500+ cases successfully dismissed
In addition, out of all the criminal defense lawyers in Los Angeles, SoCal Criminal Law stands top in terms of ratings and reviews. For more information about the services they provide, check out their website. To get started with SoCal Criminal Law, you can give them a call today!